Monday, February 20, 2006

Presents Day

The rare paid day off... how sweet it is. I've never been more thankful for our presidents. But that's not saying much. Anyway... the occurance of a true two day weekend is so rare that I'm not quite sure what to do with myself today. So far, I'll be going to the gym and then heading over to Lincoln Square to stop by Old Town School of Folk Music and hit up The Daily Bar and Grill for a lunch of soup and Guinness.

Old Town is a Chicago institution which offers music and art instruction, and houses one of the best rooms for live music in the city. I saw Jimmy Scott there a few years back. Unreal. Anyway, I'll be sniffing around there seeing if I can worm my way into a teaching job. Not to replace Village Music, but to subsidize it. Old Town also happens to be walking distance from my house, which would be... a nice easy commute. And then it's on to the Daily. 

The Daily is a great place to have lunch and a drink. I'm hoping to meet my friend Greg there for just such a lunch. After that... I think I'll head home, write a bit, and start putting together a nice dinner. A two day weekend, indeed.

jbg

No comments: