Thursday, May 04, 2006

St. Scarlet

Her last breath came and went In darkness and alone I put her in the ground But her ghost was free to roam All memories and bones And St. Scarlet spoke to me "Save the last light Save the last light for me Save the last light It's everything you need" I heard she was in town My senses were at war I watched the fires go down On the empty shore There must be something more And St. Scarlet spoke to me "Save the last light Save the last light for me Save the last light It's everything you need" The train tracks were the veins Running straight into the heart Of the cautious mounting flames So uncertain from the start I'm just dirt and spark And St. Scarlet spoke to me "Save the last light Save the last light for me Save the last light It's everything you need"

jbg

No comments: