Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Ark (III)

The leaves of Sunday morning past Disappear like glass In flames of seasons changing fast And faster every year The moon red with hopeless bloog Half-blackened with the mud And ash stirred up by the flood The flood I prayed would last Til I could breathe again As days are swallowed by the wind Your eyes an ark to carry me to land So carry me to land The night is calling out your name As it covers up our shame Of how we simply walked away From the promises we made When you grow tired of the spring And weary of your wings Just remember how I'd sing sing Sing you into sleep Til you could breathe again As days are swallowed by the wind My voice an ark to carry you to land To carry you to land The rain falling on the earth Can't wash away the hurt Or show you what it's worth Once you say goodbye

jbg

No comments: