Monday, March 10, 2008

One More Quiet Song

I'm holding on to the first time She looked up and smiled Breakfast in the kitchen Phonecalls across the miles I'm holding on to the last time She looked down and cried Dinner on the table Tears and last goodbyes The same moon The same rooms And one more quiet song The same heart Falling apart And trying to move on Trying to move on Fighting to survive Build it to the sky I'm letting go of the good times That haunt me in my dreams An island sky and Hold On Tight Are fading memories I'm letting go of the bad times That bleed me time I'm dry Unpaid debts and When You Left And two sets of bloodshot eyes The same moon The same rooms And one more quiet song The same heart Falling apart And trying to move on Trying to move on Fighting to survive Build it to the sky

love,

jbg

No comments: