Thursday, July 21, 2005

Teeeee Veeeeee

I suck. Just too much going on over the last week. The biggest and most fun thing was the debut of the episode of the TV show While You Were Out that featured our backyard. I wrote about the whole experience here, back in May when the taping happened.

So last Wednesday, we gathered around the TV with about a dozen friends to see how we would be portrayed. After getting over the initial strangeness of seeing ourselves and our wedding pictures on TV, it was a lot of fun.

The way the show was edited was really brilliant. Gina was nothing short of hilarious. My reaction, perfectly captured by a hidden camera, was genuine, and really the whole show came off extremely well.

Seeing yourself on TV is very weird. I thought I looked like a frickin' giant. Gina looked great and really projected well. She's made for a show like WYWO... she could host it, I think, and do a great job. There were good shots of our tenants pitching in, of Gina's Mom and my Dad and Mom, of our friends, and even Hendrix had a line where he barked at the camera.

Very funny.

Much of the episode was centered on the so called "poo area," a sand filled dog run at the back of the yard. A lot of poo talk. They're showing the episode again this Friday, July 22, at 5 pm Eastern/4 pm Central.

So set your TiVo and be prepared to see me speechless, which doesn't happen very often.

jbg

No comments: