Monday, October 10, 2005

The future, Conan?

I should really be asleep right now. The last 96 hours or so have been pretty bad for rest, as they featured Barret and Aoife's wedding festivities.

I could probably write at least 5000 words on the event, but in the interest of time, let me just say this: Saturday night/Sunday morning, 2:00 am found me running laps around the 6th floor of the Lexington Hyatt wearing nothing but a kilt. That's all you need to know.

So today at work, I was a bit unfocused. I hate Mondays after big events. I'm always worthless. I'm always tired. I'd always much rather be writing. And again on the train ride home, I was struck by this continuing productivity. Just 30 minutes of writing yielded the final lyrics/approach for December Static, some nice new lyrics for another new tune, as well as two new titles/ideas for song themes.

Life is supposed to slow down a bit for the next month or so... Barret and Aoife will be on their honeymoon and then Jeff and Barret will be out of town, so BRB will be on hiatus for about a month.

The album should be in hand in a few weeks, once we 1) sort out one last issue with our manager and 2) tweak the cover art. So this little break will be good for writing, for getting our ducks in a row in terms of shopping the album, and for redesigning our website. The writing time is what I'm excited about. So many ideas, so many songs already done.

Is it way to soon to think about the next Burn Rome Burn album? Absolutely. But I don't think that'll stop me.

jbg

No comments: