Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Sartre? You brought her

Is it totally sophomore-in-college-philosophy-class to talk about existential angst? Does it reveal me to be the child of the Nirvana era that I am? What did Liz Phair say about Kurt Cobain? That he made it okay for men to cry? Does anybody still care what Liz Phair says or sings? What's the world record for consecutive rhetorical questions in a blog?

Somebody research that and get back to me.

Don't know what it is, but I'm having a little trouble getting any sort of traction this week. The weekend was good if not a bit muddled. My grandparents' anniversary party on Saturday was fun and, most importantly, they seemed pleased with the whole event. My sister, her boyfriend and I extended the party at my place and then went out for some food. Not being able to leave well enough alone, I met my friend Greg at a bar and we proceeded to close it down at about 2:30 am.

On Sunday morning, I convalesced until the Bears cured my, er, illness. So maybe my body is still dealing with the 13 hours of partying it endured on Saturday. Or maybe it's just one of those weeks... 

On the bright side, Burn Rome Burn practices tonight and tomorrow for the first time in a month, with a lot to be excited about and a lot to work on. So that's something to look forward to. Additionally, it looks like we'll be returning to the stage in December at Schuba's, a club I've wanted to play, but never have. That show should be the beginning of some serious work for us, as our official "hard" release date of Bottle Boy will probably be the middle of December and we'll be busting our asses to promote and put together a CD release party early in the new year.

After writing that, I feel a little better. Or maybe it's the 64 ounces of coffee I just consumed.

jbg

No comments: