Friday, May 13, 2005

Hendrix

Hendrix Posted by Hello
Speaking of anniversaries... it's right around the fourth anniversary of when I adopted the little furry guy in the picture above.

I can't believe it was 2001... he came along at such an important and turbulent time for me and has been a constant companion. Right after I got Hendrix I went through some tough things... Gina and I split for a while, my old band, Blue New World, kind of imploded, in the process depriving me of a good friend.

I wasn't working very much.

Overall, I wasn't in a good place and I was dealing with my problems by developing some pretty unhealthy habits. But having Hendrix was just enough responsibility to keep me honest. No matter where I was, what I was doing, what state I was in, I had to get home and take care of him. And that was just enough to keep me out of some bad situations and to keep me from doing some serious damage to myself.

Not to mention how many friends I made through running Hendrix at the dog park in my old neighborhood. I used to run him every day at 5:00 pm, sometimes for up to two hours, just standing around watching dogs play and talking. Almost therapeutic.

So... yes: I'm kind of crazy about the little guy. He is just full of unconditional love.

Well, as long as I feed him.

jbg

No comments: