Thursday, June 08, 2006

J. Gump

Yeah, yeah, I know. See... I had a post for Tuesday... and then I accidentally erased it and got frustrated and didn't write another one. Take that, technology. I sure showed you.

I'll sum the erased post up like this: While you're busy making plans, shit happens. I think I was quoting some amalgam of John Lennon and Forrest Gump. Anyway, we played in Chicago on Friday and up in Madison Saturday. Both shows were okay, but I thought the Madison show had better sound and I think playing in different cities gives us a new energy and a new approach which translates to better shows.

Getting out on the road is so good for us, musically, as performers, and just interpersonally. There's something about getting up and playing in front of a room of mostly unfamiliar faces... I think I could do it every night. Actually, I know I could do it every night. Which is in the plans for the fall.

Of course, you know what happens while you're busy making plans...

jbg

No comments: