Sunday, February 18, 2007

Kindling

It's Sunday. The bright winter sun is making the snow on my front deck sparkle and the blue sky implies warmth I know is not there. I started watching Meet the Press but Tony Snow's aggressive campaigning for Douchebag of the Year compelled me to switch to The Empire Strikes Back. I like fake villians much more than real ones.

I spent the last 3 weeks collecting hangovers. I spent the weekend collecting sleep. Princess Leia: "I love you." Han Solo: "I know." Burn Rome Burn keeps stacking songs we'd like to record when we get started next month with Jay of Buddy Nuisance... looks like we'll have 9 tunes ready with the goal of getting 3 or 4 out of the sessions, which will begin at I.V. Labs, continue in Jay's attic space, and finish at Gravity Studios under the ear of Manny Sanchez.

Luke Skywalker is down a hand but up a father.

The group of songs I have been working on with Jay since late last year is almost done... they will be mixed tomorrow and Tuesday and came together faster and better than I could have ever imagined. Irvin Kershner is the shit. My cat is exploiting a patch of sun on the desk next to me. I've switched to music... Disc 2 of Wilco's Being There... I guess I'm trying to fold mountains over and find sunken treasure...

Here's a short list of things that have been inspiring me lately: Everything is Illuminated 29 Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close Neon Bible Intelligensia Coffee Spring

And you. That's right, you.

jbg

No comments: