Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Time Marches On

Is it the end of February already? What? Not that I'm complaining about getting out of my least favorite month in one (or at most two) piece(s), but... it seems like it was just New Year's Eve. Oh. Boy.

The last week has been a blur within a blur. Or something like that. Incredibly, I went from finishing background vocals on a couple of songs with Jay and recording two acoustic songs in their entirety two Thursdays ago, to picking up the completed, mixed, and mastered project last Friday... so a total of one week from the end of tracking to the completed CD.

Given my previous experience with the final steps of recording, this timeline is nothing short of inconceivable. (I do not think you know what that word means...) I'm attempting to get some emotional and artistic distance from what turned into more of a wrecking-ball than a record (say it out loud... like reading Finnegan's Wake, only without the literary genius).

I'm very very excited about starting a new BRB recording so soon and trying to use a lot of the things I discovered in this recording process... can't wait.

So to March. Bitches.

jbg

No comments: