Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Sleeping Pills

In the "cliched-artistic-tendency" department, I often suffer from insomnia.

It's a particularly crippling kind which can strike at any time of the night, i.e., beginning, middle, or end.
I either can't fall asleep, wake up in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep, or wake up way earlier than I have to.

I actually don't mind it most of the time. I read, I write, I watch endless reruns of the Daily Show (N.B.: when they start creating Comedy Central spinoffs like they have for ESPN, shouldn't one of them be Comedy Central: The Daily Show where they just show Daily Show episodes all day and night? I'd watch it).

Lately though, I'm beginning to think my 2005 calendar year battles with on and off illness is directly tied to my (lack there of) sleep habits. My sleeping problems are generally exacerbated when Gina is out of town, so last night I decided to try your basic over-the-counter sleeping pills.

Preliminary verdict: they work. Really well. Less than an hour after taking one, I was OUT and slept through the night.

I didn't even need to put in Gina's Desperate Housewives tape, which has, to this point, been the most sleep inducing thing in our house.

jbg

No comments: